Thursday 23 October 2008

Rene Magritte The Sea of Flames painting

Rene Magritte The Sea of Flames paintingRene Magritte The Ignorant Fairy paintingRene Magritte The Human Condition painting
Splendid! And what else? Hurry up with that stammer. 'I'm a busy man."
"At the m-m-moment I'm b-b-b-b—"
"Beginning a history of C-C-C-Cloud C-C-C-Cuckoo Land?"
"N-no, sir, b-b-b-backing Scarlet."
He looked at me very shrewdly and said: "I see, nephew, that you are not altogether a fool. What makes you back Scarlet?"
I was in difficulties, because I couldn't say that Sejanus had given me the tip. So I said: "I dreamed that Leek Green was d-disqualified for using his whip on his c-c-ccompetitors and Scarlet c-c-came in first with Sea-b-b-blue and White nowhere."
He gave me a purse of money and muttered in my ear:
"Tell nobody that I'm staking you, but put this on Scarlet and let's see what happens."
It proved to be Scarlet's day, and by betting with young Nero on every race I won close on two thousand gold pieces. That evening I thought

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

highly recommend to see a film about rene magritte.
Biography, creativity, review and a story about his paintings, the history of life and much more:
watch here