Thursday 23 October 2008

Juarez Machado Tango Over The Piano painting

Juarez Machado Tango Over The Piano paintingJuarez Machado Tango in a Box paintingJuarez Machado Soiree Elegante painting
of wine and Callus was responding loyally, and there seemed such an air of good humour and jollity in the dining-hall that the magistrate was embarrassed and did not know what to say. Tiberius asked him why he had come. "To arrest one of your guests, Caesar, by order of the Senate."
"Which guest?" asked Tiberius. "Asinius Callus," replied the magistrate, "but it seems to be a mistake." Tiberius pretended to look grave; "If the Senate have anything against you, Gallus, and have sent this officer to arrest you, I'm afraid our pleasant evening must come to an end. I can't go against the Senate, you know. But I'll tell you what I'll do, now that you and I have come to such a friendly understanding: I'll write to ask the Senate, as a personal favour, not to take any action in your case until they hear from me. That will mean that you will be under simple arrest, in the charge of the Consuls-no fetters or anything degrading. I'll arrange to secure your acquittal as soon as I can."
Gallus felt bound to thank Tiberius for his magnanimity, but was sure

No comments: