Wednesday 8 October 2008

Rene Magritte The Blank Check painting

Rene Magritte The Blank Check paintingSir Lawrence Alma-Tadema In the Tepidarium paintingMarc Chagall I and the Village painting
something.
“Here,” said Andrew and her father and Walter Starr, each offering a handkerchief. She took her brother’s, blew her nose, dried her eyes, and sat down. “Sit down, Walter.”
“Oh thank you, no. I don’t think,” Walter said. “Only dropped in a moment; really must be off.”
“Why Walter, what nonsense, you’re one of the family,” Mary said, and those who could hear nodded and murmured “Of course,” although they knew this was embarrassing for. him, and hoped he would go
“Now that’s ever so kind,” Walter said, “but I can’t stay. Really must be off. Now if ...”
“Walter, I want to thank you,” she said; for now she too had reconsidered.
“So do we all,” Andrew said.
“More than I can say,” Mary finished.
He shook his head. “Nothing. Nothing,” he said. “Now I just want you to know, if there’s anything in the world I can do, be of help in any way, let me please, do

No comments: