Friday 3 April 2009

Ford Madox Brown Romeo and Juliet

Ford Madox Brown Romeo and JulietPierre Auguste Renoir La PromenadePierre Auguste Renoir Dance in the Country
One-Man-Bucket sounded shrill and petulant. what’s he going to do if I tell him, then? I could get into heap big trouble for that sort of thing.
‘Well, can you tell me if I guess right?’ said Windle. ye-ess. maybe.
‘You don’t have to say anythin’,’ said Mrs Cake. ‘Just knock twice for yes and once for no, like in the old days.’ oh, all right.
‘Go on, Mr into something with wheels on?’ twice for yes, was it?
‘Roight!’
KNOCK. KNOCK.
‘I thought so. I thought so ! I found one under my floor that tried to hatch where there wasn’t enough room!’ crowed Windle. Then he frowned. ‘But hatch into whatPoons,’ said Ludmilla. She had the kind of voice Windle wanted to stroke.He cleared his throat.‘I think,’ he began, ‘that is, I think they’re some sort of eggs. I thought . . . why breakfast? and then I thought ...eggs...’Knock.‘Oh. Well, perhaps it was a rather silly idea . . .’ sorry, was it once for yes or twice for yes ?‘ ‘voice !’ snapped the medium.KNOCK. KNOCK.‘Ah,’ breathed Windle. ‘And they hatch

No comments: