Monday 1 December 2008

Mary Magdalene in the Desert

Mary Magdalene in the DesertMary Magdalene in the Desert Honore DaumierMary Magdalene By PerugioMary Magdalene By Murillo
more than chance; but the purpose is not clear to me, and I fear to say too much.’‘I am deeply grateful,’ said Frodo; ‘but I wish you would tell me plainly what the Black Riders are. If I take your advice I may not see Gandalf for a long while, and I ought to know what is the danger that pursues me.’‘Is it not enough to know that they are servants of the Enemy?’ answered Gildor. ‘Flee them! Speak no words to them! They are deadly. Ask no more of me! But my heart forbodes that, ere all is ended, you, Frodo son of Drogo, will know more of these fell things than Gildor Inglorion. May Elbereth protect you!’‘But where shall I find courage?’ asked Frodo. ‘That is what I chiefly need.’‘Courage is found in unlikely places,’ said Gildor. ‘Be of good hope! Sleep now! In the morning we shall have gone; but we will send our messages through the lands. The Wandering Companies shall know of your journey, and those that have power for good shall be on

No comments: