Saturday 4 October 2008

childe hassam In a French Garden painting

childe hassam In a French Garden paintingEdgar Degas The Orchestra of the Opera paintingEdgar Degas Song of the Dog painting
make such a Thing about it?’
‘Just because we’re fond of him.’
‘Well. I’m fond of him too, in a way, I suppose, only I wish he’d behave like anybody else. I’ve grown up with one family skeleton, you know - papa. Not to be talked of before the servants, not to be talked of before us when we were children. If mummy is going to start making a skeleton out of Sebastian, it’s too much. If he wants to be always tight, why doesn’t he go to Kenya or somewhere where it doesn’t matter?’ ‘Why does it matter less being unhappy in Kenya than anywhere else?’
‘Don’t pretend to be stupid, Charles. You understand perfectly.’ ‘You mean there won’t be so many embarrassing situations for you? Well, all I was trying to say was that I’m afraid there may be an embarrassing situation tonight if Sebastian gets the chance. He’s in a bad mood.’

No comments: